Thursday, April 24, 2014

The unnecessary new gauges Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti suggested (part 1)

I had two small gauges that were custom fit to my Grand National.  One was a water temperature gauge, the other was an oil pressure gauge.  Both were electrical.  For some reason, I do not remember why, Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti suggested that he replace those gauges with larger gauges and have them be mechanical instead of electrical.  Myself, I really saw no reason to do this, but he was supposed to be the professional and I assumed he had a good reason for doing this so I agreed with his suggestion.  One of the reasons that he said mechanical was better, was because you did not need electricity to run the gauge.  I could understand this point but it only takes a flip of a switch to use an electrical gauge.

When I see the new gauges installed, they are in a two cluster gauge panel and just sitting where my old gauges were with nothing but gravity and the wires to it holding it in place.  It was not mounted and not custom fitted like the previous gauge cluster.  I was completely appalled by the lack of concern in the manner it was just sitting there.  I just could not believe this company would do something like that.  Their motto is "we treat you and your car like family."  I would not have put the gauges in this way.  It looked completely amateur. 

I don't even understand why I agreed to this, now that I look back. I suppose it is just that I was hoping everything would be ok and he was making the right decisions. Once again, looking back, I see now how this guy just scammed me in almost every way he could.



7 comments:

  1. This place took advantage of a veteran whose Vietnam Veteran father died on Veteran's Day. This place is appalling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A horrible person owns this place. He takes advantage people and laughs about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it just disgusts me thinking about him giving people the "bird" as they leave and then laughing about it.

      Delete
  3. Colletti Motorsports is pure crap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. That is what happens if you forget to flush the toilet. It grows up to be Colletti Motorsports. :D

      Delete
  4. Steve Colletti tried to get me to have sex with him in exchange for payment! I wrote a review about it and then he threatened me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great instrument, which can be a life savior for any company whose products are made with the concept of force, and it has to become controlled on a regular basis. I try to look some here Gauges . . .

    ReplyDelete