Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My last email to Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti

Have you ever been epically screwed over before by a company? This company did it to me. This is my blog about how Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti has lied to me, broken promises, overcharged me for parts, did bad work, and refused to pay for damages.  The short version is that I took my car to him and asked that it be done in 3.5 months.  After paying $8k and getting my car back two years later, I take it to another mechanic to be checked out and the entire engine has to be rebuilt again.  The new mechanic found that the head gaskets had blown and that the camshaft and front camshaft bearing was bad.  The long version is this entire blog.

I have come to the last email I sent Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti before finally giving up trying to get my money back (below). As I have stated previously in my blog, I had many more emails to Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti that I have lost when I upgraded my operating system. I have decided though, that I am going to get a new computer in the next year or two. And when I do, I am going to have all those emails recovered so I can post them on this blog. Since I am planning to do this blog for several years, Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti will just have to wait to read those. But they will make him look even worse than he already does, in my opinion. I know I have at least two emails, probably many more, where I asked Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti to please put the miles on the car himself, tune it and finish it, which of course he never did.

I originally wanted to rebuild the engine in my car myself. But since my father had died, I wanted the car ready for spring and summer and I knew with all that I had going on, there would be no way I would have time to do it. That is a reason I wanted someone else to do it. I also wanted it done around the beginning of March. Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti had assured me he could do it, which of course he didn't and the car has had major parts go bad on it.

My father, who was a combat medic in Vietnam, had passed away on Veteran's day 2010. He had left some money for me and I wanted to have my car fixed and ready so I could care for it and help cope with the loss of my father. Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti denied me of this when he lied and said he could fix my car. My father also left me his 1956 Corvette that he had owned for 47 years. I plan to do every bit of work on that car myself except for painting. I can and have the tools and knowledge to do almost everything to that car myself. I am also a Veteran of both the Marines and the Navy. Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti apparently hates veterans because he not only spat on me by doing what he did, but he spat on my father as well. Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti has no honor or integrity or one ounce of professionalism in his body.

In this last email, I had contacted a local TV station in Tampa that helps with shady business owners. They were very interested in the story but could not help me since Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti was in Ohio. But they did give me information on consumer resources. I had tried all the resources they had suggested except for the FTC and FL Consumer Affairs. I  then contacted those entities but I knew it would go nowhere since I knew Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti had already made up his mind he was keeping my money. That is what con-artists do.

I am almost certain Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti knew his work was no good. But it doesn't matter if he knew it was no good or not, he has refused to reimburse me for his mistakes. And this is the person he is. A greedy unprofessional business owner that wants nothing more than to get your money. I wonder if his family is the same way. I would suspect if they were decent, they would have told him to do the right thing by now. So, they are either clueless about him ripping off people or they are in on it.

In this last email, I had stated I contacted the BBB again. They had told me Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti acted in good faith and gave him a B+ rating. I have taken some law classes and "good faith" means you put forward reasonable effort to try and resolve the situation. I argued that good faith was not put forward by Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti because he had only contacted me once since telling him I found out his work was no good. And in his one contact with me, he said he does not warranty race engines. That was it. He did not bother looking into the situation, he did not bother to see if I was telling the truth, he did not bother with anything. He simply wanted to keep the money he had basically stole from me. To the BBB, good faith means he simply contacted the BBB because of my complaint. That is their definition, which from what I have learned, is not really good faith. It is in a grey area. It was upsetting to know that the BBB can say a business puts forward good faith when all the business has to do is respond to a BBB complaint but not to the consumer. 








3 comments:

  1. I am leaving a comment to help your blog. Colletti Motorsports screwed me over too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I support you as do many others I know and talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lending you my support as well. Not only does Colletti Motorsports cheat consumers, they cheat on the race track as well.

    ReplyDelete