Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Colletti Motorsports Scam #6 (the unnecessary work)

This is my blog about how Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti has lied to me, broken promises, overcharged me for parts, did bad work, and refused to pay for damages. Have you ever been epically screwed over before by a company? This company did it to me.  The short version is that I took my car to him and asked that it be done in 3.5 months.  After paying $8k and getting my car back two years later, I take it to another mechanic to be checked out and the entire engine has to be rebuilt again.  The new mechanic found that the head gaskets had blown and that the camshaft and front camshaft bearing was bad.  The long version is this entire blog.

I may start a new blog. Naming the url the same as the title would also give it a higher page rank, from my understanding.  When I originally started this blog, I was pretty upset and named the url "deathtocms." I wish now I wouldn't have named it that. I think it might have been a bad choice.

Colletti Motorsports Scam #6 (the unnecessary work)

This scam is pretty straightforward and this is what most people are afraid of when they go to an unfamiliar mechanic. It is similar to the parts scam. They just suggest things you do not need. One thing that sets this place apart from others is that the owner has not kept up on the times and does not care to. He has the "old school" way of thinking.  Many of the parts on today's cars can last to 100,000 miles or more but the owner will suggest changing parts as early as 30,000 miles or maybe even less. First, Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti likes this idea because he makes more money this way. Second, like I had just stated, he is either not intelligent enough and/or not caring enough to keep up with today's technology. Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti is just unfamiliar with the technology and science behind today's modern parts, fluids, etc.

A lot of people still do not know that today's oil is suggested to be changed at 6000 mile intervals instead of the old suggested way of 3000 miles. Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti surely will not tell you this. He makes more money from you not knowing.



No comments:

Post a Comment