Monday, April 14, 2014

Colletti Motorsports's Scam #5 (The experience scam)

When I originally started this blog, I was pretty upset and named the url "deathtocms." I wish now I wouldn't have named it that. I think it might have been a bad choice. I may start a new blog. Naming the url the same as the title would also give it a higher page rank, from my understanding.

Have you ever been epically screwed over before by a company? This company did it to me. This is my blog about how Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti has lied to me, broken promises, overcharged me for parts, did bad work, and refused to pay for damages.  The short version is that I took my car to him and asked that it be done in 3.5 months.  After paying $8k and getting my car back two years later, I take it to another mechanic to be checked out and the entire engine has to be rebuilt again.  The new mechanic found that the head gaskets had blown and that the camshaft and front camshaft bearing was bad.  The long version is this entire blog.

Colletti Motorsports Scam #5 (The experience scam)

This is where they will tell you how experienced they are and how great of work they can do. These are just lies for them to try and gain your trust. Very similar to the trust scam but this is where they lie or exaggerate about their credentials. Experience means very little if you are just not a good mechanic to begin with. A great mechanic needs not only experience but intelligence and skill as well. I have seen people with great skill and intelligence, and very little experience, overcome people with many years of experience in many areas, not just automotive mechanics. But, since Colletti Motorsports is supposed to be a professional racing automotive company that is beyond average mechanic shops, you would expect Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti to have both intelligence and skill, which you will quickly find out he does not. 

For myself, and this is just my opinion, I do not trust fast talkers or slow talkers that run businesses or are in sales. Fast talkers tend to be hiding things and try to scam you at that instant. Slow talkers are trying to be your friend and gain your trust so they can scam you later and possibly on a larger scale. For me, I found Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti to be a slow talker. And as I have said in earlier posts, I would not have brought my car here originally if it wasn't for Bill that used to work here. I trusted him, not Steve. Bill would have made things right.  



1 comment:

  1. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post! fake ids

    ReplyDelete