Friday, April 11, 2014

Colletti Motorsports's scam #2 (the parts scam)

Have you ever been epically screwed over before by a company? This company did it to me. This is my blog about how Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti has lied to me, broken promises, overcharged me for parts, did bad work, and refused to pay for damages.  The short version is that I took my car to him and asked that it be done in 3.5 months.  After paying $8k and getting my car back two years later, I take it to another mechanic to be checked out and the entire engine has to be rebuilt again.  The new mechanic found that the head gaskets had blown and that the camshaft and front camshaft bearing was bad.  The long version is this entire blog.

When I originally started this blog, I was pretty upset and named the url "deathtocms." I wish now I wouldn't have named it that. I think it might have been a bad choice. I may start a new blog. Naming the url the same as the title would also give it a higher page rank, from my understanding.

Colletti Motorsports Scam #2 (the parts scam)

This is a simple trick for scammers, con-artists, and "ripper off-ers" like Steve Colletti. They suggest getting parts you don't really need. They'll talk you into it and it'll sound like a great idea, but it's just a way for them to produce more revenue for themselves. They get to charge more hours and fake hours. The fake hours are when they will say they ran into difficulties installing the part, but they really didn't. It's just a way for them to charge you for them sitting around.

Another part of this same scam, is the overcharging of the part. You will most likely not notice it on the bill or even take time to look it up because you'll be so happy you got your car back you won't even think about it. But the part price will be much higher, sometimes twice as high as what you could have bought it for yourself. Businesses like Colletti Motorsports are able to get prices at wholesale but you'll be paying twice the retail price for it on many occasions. This is definitely a sign of a bad business. This is what Colletti Motorsports does.

One other part of the scam is the dedicated supplier. Businesses will typically have a good relationship with one supplier. They will use this one supplier even if they can find your part cheaper somewhere else, if they even bother to look which is not likely. The supplier wants the business to "up" his revenue and incentive pay. And in return, the supplier gives the business "kickbacks." Colletti Motorsports uses this tactic as well. Colletti Motorsports probably gets free vacations or even money from his supplier by buying parts from the supplier instead of getting them cheaper for you, the consumer. 




5 comments:

  1. I am leaving a comment to help your blog. Colletti Motorsports screwed me over too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I support you as do many others I know and have talked to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lending you my support as well. Not only does Colletti Motorsports cheat consumers, they cheat on the race track as well.

    ReplyDelete