Thursday, April 10, 2014

Colletti Motorsports's scam #1 (the trust scam)

Have you ever been epically screwed over before by a company? This company did it to me. This is my blog about how Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti has lied to me, broken promises, overcharged me for parts, did bad work, and refused to pay for damages.  The short version is that I took my car to him and asked that it be done in 3.5 months.  After paying $8k and getting my car back two years later, I take it to another mechanic to be checked out and the entire engine has to be rebuilt again.  The new mechanic found that the head gaskets had blown and that the camshaft and front camshaft bearing was bad.  The long version is this entire blog.

When I originally started this blog, I was pretty upset and named the url "deathtocms." I wish now I wouldn't have named it that. I think it might have been a bad choice. I may start a new blog. Naming the url the same as the title would also give it a higher page rank, from my understanding.

Anyway, on to Colletti Motorsports scam #1.

The first and foremost scam is to simply get you to trust them. Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti will put on the nicest and most courteous demeanor he can. He will make you feel like this is a good place to bring your vehicle to. Even if he has no clue what to do to your car or the experience, knowledge, and skill necessary, he will tell you he does. This is a con-artist's first trick in the book. To get you to trust them. Once your car is there, they will then tear it apart and that is when the customer service starts going down hill. That is when they know you are at their mercy. They will take their time and give you excuses when all they are doing is extending the hours to charge you for their work, which they are not doing.

You will call them and they will tell you they are working on it. And if you stop by, you will quickly see how often your car is just sitting there without any work being done to it. But if you do stop by, they will say they are just getting ready to get your car in the garage. Then you will stop by the next day and see that your car has not moved an inch and no work has been done to it. Excuses, excuses. That is all that you will get from them at first. Later, you will find you paid a lot of money for work any other shop could have done better and at a lower price.

Remember a con-artist's first trick is to get you to trust them. There are a lot of unhappy Colletti Motorsports customers out there. Don't be the next one.






6 comments:

  1. I am leaving a comment to help your blog. Colletti Motorsports screwed me over too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I support you as do many others I know and talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lending you my support as well. Not only does Colletti Motorsports cheat consumers, they cheat on the race track as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. And yes they have. One small step to cleaning up Dayton would be to get this company out.

    ReplyDelete