Saturday, March 1, 2014

Colletti Motorsports: The wrong decision.

Before returning to the crankshaft issue, I wanted to further explain why I chose Colletti Motorsports (the "ripper off-ers").

My first choice, in having the engine rebuilt in my 1987 Buick Grand National, was KDK Performance in Orlando, FL. They are the ones who are currently fixing Colletti Motorsports's work. Also while living in Florida, when I was in the Navy, and later in South Carolina, this is the only place I let service my car.  KDK serviced it from approximately 1998-2003. I was living in Ohio at the time of considering the rebuild (I am now living in Florida) and I would have had to ship the car to Florida because it was not running and drivable.  I knew KDK would be expensive and also the shipping would be expensive.

My second choice was Millet's Automotive (aka Millet's Engines) in Piqua, OH.  They had rebuilt the motor in my Buick when I was on leave from the Navy in 1999, as I have said previously.  I knew if I took it to Millet's, It would be there for a long time.  They did my car in 3 weeks before, but that was a special circumstance and I did not have any special circumstances this time.  When I was on leave from the Navy, they promised me the car would be done in 3 weeks and they were true to their word, unlike Colletti Motorsports (the "ripper off-ers").  I knew from previous times, I had gone to Millet's, they were always busy. I would have weighed Millet's more heavily, had I known that they have a dyno now.  When my engine was first done by them, they did not have the dyno. I should have looked into that. If I would have, and chose Millet's, I would not be writing this now but instead enjoying my car.

...  On a side note, Millet's bored out my motor .060 over.  Steve Colletti had said in his Better Business Bureau response, that he had my engine bored out. This was either an outright lie he was hoping I would not catch, or he forgot and decided to write it anyway.  He is either a liar in one circumstance or incompetent from not checking his facts in the other.  Either way, it just adds to his bad character.  In my BBB response, I had said Millet's had rebuilt the engine in approximately 2001. It was 1999, as you can see in the receipt below.  Steve also used the excuse of saying my engine was bored out and had to get special pistons as why my car took so long to be done.  And, once again, Millet's had no problem getting the pistons and completely rebuilding the engine in 3 weeks.

The third choice was Colletti Motorsports.  Obviously the wrong choice.  I already wrote about this before but I will state some things once again.  Steve had given me his word the car would be done around the beginning of March.  They also had a dyno there and I thought they could really get some great horsepower out of it, which they didn't of course.

After getting my car back from Colletti Motorsports (the "ripper off-ers"), I took it straight to KDK Performance.  There they found the head gaskets were blown, the camshaft was flat, and the front camshaft bearing was bad.  I will go into detail about that in another post.



No comments:

Post a Comment