Friday, February 28, 2014

Steve Colletti's unhappy customer and employee

So, now I'll skip forward a little bit and make this a short blog today and come back to what happened after I told Steve Colletti to rebuild the engine with its current crankshaft, which we know from the previous blog, Steve did not understand.

After March had gone by, I was upset but not overly upset because I know extenuating circumstances do happen.  But I was slightly perturbed because if Steve would have started working on my car immediately (November), rather than waiting until February, the car might have been completed or almost completed on time, even after running into difficulties, which was his excuse.  If he would have started in November, he would have had an extra 2.5 months to deal with errors or difficulties.  But he waited until February to start my car when he had told me the car would probably be done in January (Remember telling me that Steve the "ripper off-er" Colletti?).  Since I do not drive my car in the winter, I really didn't care to have it done in January, so that did not affect me at all when he said that.  I wanted him to take his time and do it correctly, but I also wanted it to be done in a certain time frame.  I brought the car in November, as you know from the previous posts, to have it done around the beginning of March.  This gave him 3.5 months to complete the car which should have been plenty of time considering he told me he was slow on business.  He told me it would be done.  This was one major factor in choosing this place.  If that promise was not made to me, I would not have come here to begin with.  Obviously he just wanted my money and was not concerned with being professional and doing what was promised.

Once May had arrived, I was really upset.  Steve has called me a "difficult" customer in the Better Business Bureau report.  I guess a "difficult" customer to them is one who expects the owner to be true to his word.  While visiting Katie Knabe (my former wife and daughter of Bill Knabe) some time around the beginning of the summer, I told Katie of the difficulties I was having with Colletti Motorsports.  She said she wondered why Steve had told me that my car would be done in January, when her father, Bill Knabe, always takes off for the entire month of December.   Bill Knabe, if you haven't read previous posts, was an employee of Colletti Motorsports. This left the shop undermanned.  She also told me, and this is a direct quote, her father "was not happy with Steve."  Now I was really nervous and upset about my car.


No comments:

Post a Comment