Thursday, March 6, 2014

Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti's unethical conduct

Colletti Motorsports:  Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti's unethical conduct.

Let's look at another lie Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti told the BBB and then also spun it to try to make it look advantageous to him, showing his unethical business conduct.

"We ultimately achieved 340.86 HP and 405 ft-lbs of torque at the rear wheels (that is, AFTER the power has been transmitted through an automatic transmission and the remainder of the powertrain) as measured by a dynamometer. This means we achieved the goal."

This is an outright lie.  Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti had dyno-ed my car and sent me a horsepower chart showing 285HP was the maximum they achieved.  [Remember, Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti had assured me that he could get around 500HP, and from the last post we learned that 400-500 HP is not too difficult in the hands someone that knows these cars.]  In an email I sent him (image below), I told him the 285 horsepower seemed low.  He basically said a Grand National mechanic can tune it but he can't.  This means he never should have accepted the job in the first place.  And, to me, it shows he was just greedy for money.

Now to his unethical behavior.   Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti said he had reached the horsepower goal.  He used the excuse that he reached the goal at the flywheel instead of the rear wheels (which is still a lie anyway from the dyno chart).  When I came to Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti, I told him I wanted around 500HP and he said he could do it.  He knew it was Rear Wheel Horsepower that I was talking about.  Everyone that is a car enthusiast knows what I am talking about as well.  When we talk of horsepower ratings, it is at the rear wheel and not the flywheel.  When we speak of flywheel horsepower, we will specifically state that, otherwise it is implied it is Rear Wheel Horsepower.  Even cars sold today, have horsepower ratings at the rear wheel and not the flywheel. Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti is not only unprofessional, he is unethical.

This is an email conversation between me and Steve.  Notice the date.  It was also approximately one month before I came to Ohio to pick up my car after Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti had it at his shop for over 2 years and was not able to tune it or finish it properly like he promised me he could.



2 comments: