Friday, March 7, 2014

Further analysis of Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti's BBB statement.

Colletti Motorsports: Further analysis of Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti's BBB statement.

"However, it was a long road to get this 20+ year-old car to that level. The engine was completely disassembled. When we sent to block out to a reputable machine shop, we were told that the block was so worn that the cylinders would have to be "bored out" 60 thousandths over (the maximum an engine can usually be enlarged). Of course, this also meant trying to find .060" "over" forged pistons. Because this was such an unusual requirement, they had to be made; such are not ordinarily carried in stock. The crankshaft had to be machined .030" under. This was a "performance" engine (of sorts) originally from the factory. It had been used harshly and repeatedly. Little besides the block, heads, and crankshaft could be reused."

As you can see from the first sentence, Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti calls my car 20+ years old, and says it was a long road to get to the goal.  My car is old, but as I have said before, it is an extremely well taken care of car.  It is in as good of condition as many newer cars on the road today. Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti was trying to coax readers into believing my car was old and broken down and he had such a difficult task.  I just shake my head when I read that. Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti is just so unprofessional and unethical, it sickens me.  The first time snow ever has touched my vehicle, since I have owned it, was in  Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti's possession.  The steel rims, I had on it at the time, had very tiny rust spots I kept at bay with regular cleaning.   Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti had my vehicle so long (and had it outside), that the rust spots tripled or quadrupled in size.

Next he says he sent my block to be bored out.  As I have said previously in another post, Millet's Automotive had already done that back in 1999.  I am even willing to give Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti the benefit of the doubt and say maybe this was an error on his part. But he should have researched his facts first before writing lies in his BBB statement.  If it was an error on his part stating he had my block bored out, then it still shows how inept he is.  I believe he just wanted to use the piston excuse as a way of explaining why it took him 7 months to have the engine rebuilt and installed.  He probably assumed I didn't know that the block had already been bored out.  This guy is just highly unprofessional and/or lacking the intelligence to figure out logistics efficiently and/or just a pure "snake."

The engine did need larger pistons, but as I have said previously, Millet's Automotive bored out the engine, got pistons, and rebuilt the entire engine in 3 weeks.  If Millet's Automotive could get the pistons, why couldn't Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti?  Well, because I am sure he has a dedicated supplier that he gets "kickbacks" and incentives from.  He is more worried about getting his "cut" or family vacations from his supplier, than he is taking care of his customers.

And this next statement he said, is just purely laughable.  Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti says getting the engine bored out is "such an unusual requirement."  Anyone reading this right now that is a car enthusiast is laughing as well.

Having the crankshaft machined is pretty normal though.  I think, but I cannot remember for sure, Millet's machined the crankshaft as well as the block.  But since I do not remember for sure, I cannot speak of Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti's account on this one, because I simply do not recall and I do not lie, unlike Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti.

And as car enthusiasts know as well, typically all that we use from rebuild to rebuild is the block, heads, and crankshaft.  And a lot of times the connecting rods and push rods, depending on the situation.  I will not go into detail on that because there is no need to.  Car lovers and hobbyists know what is going on here.


4 comments:

  1. I support you as do many others I know and talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lending you my support as well. Not only does Colletti Motorsports cheat consumers, they cheat on the race track as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are with you. Colletti Motorsports has been pushing their corruption on our city for too long now.

    ReplyDelete