Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Colletti Motorsports: We do not offer refunds for our mistakes

The BBB statement from Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti, that I have been analyzing, is almost done.  One of the last statements is that he does not warranty race engines.  I'm sure customers and potential customers would like to know that even if they drive right off the lot and the engine goes bad, that they will not be reimbursed.  Here is exactly what he had to say:

"Race engines are not warranted. This is because they are built with the specific purpose of being used harshly. They are NOT built for ordinary street applications; rather, they are intended for high performance use. And, it SHOULD go without saying (at least to reasonable people), that there is necessarily an inverse relationship between high performance use and longevity, even with a standard street engine. Moreover, we do not know what he has done with or to the car since it last left our shop in February."

As I have said in previous posts, the car went straight to the new mechanic. Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti knew I was taking it to another mechanic to have his work checked out.  I completely understand that a place would not warranty engines that are intended to be used harshly.  But, shouldn't an engine at least run correctly from getting it back?  Shouldn't the head gaskets remain intact, and the camshaft and other parts as well, just from driving from one mechanic to another?  If Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti would have investigated this issue, instead of just saying "I do not warranty race engines," he would have found that everything I said was true.  But instead, he just completely ignored the situation.

The new mechanic has found that the head gaskets, camshaft, and front camshaft bearing have all gone bad.  This is with only 1200 miles on the engine.  And those 1200 were from driving it from Ohio to Florida. Since the camshaft is flat with only 1200 miles, that basically means the engine started going bad the moment Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti started up my engine after his rebuild.  Also, if he would have tuned it and put the miles on himself, like I repeatedly asked him to, the engine would have went bad at his shop.  This leads me to believe he knew the engine was bad or suspected his work would go bad.  He most likely wanted the engine to go bad while I was driving it so he could blame me and keep his money.

His last statement says he does not know what I have done to my car since it left his shop.  As I said previously, if he would have investigated the situation, like finding out the mileage and the date it arrived at the new mechanic and even talked to the new mechanic, he would have discovered all my statements were true.  But Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti decided not to.  He probably thought that since I am in another state, he can just keep his money and go on.





8 comments:

  1. So this guy didn't even bother to check if what you were saying was the truth? He just said he doesn't warranty engines? If he didn't bother checking, he just wanted your money. He knew you were in Florida now and weren't going to come back to his shop. This guy does sound like a thief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, MJS. He had his money and I am now in Florida. He doesn't want to be professional and he wants to be greedy and keep his money.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you, MJS. He had his money and I am now in Florida. He doesn't want to be professional and he wants to be greedy and keep his money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am leaving a comment to help your blog. Colletti Motorsports screwed me over too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I support you as do many others I know and talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lending you my support as well. Not only does Colletti Motorsports cheat consumers, they cheat on the race track as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are with you. Colletti Motorsports has been pushing their corruption on our city for too long now.

    ReplyDelete