Friday, March 14, 2014

The turbo debacle

I have been wanting to talk about this subject for awhile now.  Here is what Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti says in his BBB statement:

"The problem turns out not to be with the engine, but instead to be a bad turbocharger. We did NOT work on the turbocharger. It was NOT part of what we were supposed to do. Olds is informed of the turbo problem, and that it should be replaced. I called around to suppliers to find what he wanted and no one had it on the shelf (in stock). As an alternative, I sent his old one to a turbo rebuilder. Instead, Olds eventually decides he is going to order his own aftermarket turbo to the "specs" he wants and orders it from Turbonetics."
"It takes 10 months for the turbo to arrive. It arrives in December, 2012."

Ok,  here we go.

1.  The car had been running with the turbo, that went bad, for years with no problems and no indication of it going bad was ever detected by me.  Since Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti's work has gone bad on me, there is a very high chance they did something wrong to ruin that turbo.  But as I am a logical person, I will admit there is the possibility that the turbo going bad was coincidental.  But again, since their work has gone bad and they refuse to admit it, there is a high degree of possibility they did something wrong.

side note: I had to tell Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti what to look for when the car was smoking.  I told them to check the downpipe for oil traces which would indicate a turbo failure. That is what they checked last, after my suggestion, because they did not know what they were doing, apparently.

2.  Let's say that the turbo going bad was coincidental.  The new turbo did take a long time to arrive which I will explain soon, but Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti doesn't seem to realize if he would have completed the car on time (approximately a year sooner from the turbo problem) there might have not been any problems getting a turbo then.  The turbo suppliers may have had them in stock.  But since Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti did not finish the car on time, as promised, we will never know.  And the car/turbo delay problem still can be related to his incompetence. I will never know for sure if Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti caused my turbo to go bad or not.  But if he did, and I do believe he did, that is just more money this incompetent shop has caused me.

When the original turbo was determined to be bad, he apparently cannot find a new turbo and has my turbo sent away to be checked out.  It takes 1-2 months for this to happen and then he finally gets an answer and gives me a cost to fix it.  The cost of fixing the turbo was only slightly less than buying a new one of the same quality.  My thoughts were I can just buy a new turbo and it should arrive quicker than the time it would take having the old one rebuilt.  And since my car is being totally rebuilt, why not even get a better turbo?

So I ordered a turbo from Turbonetics.  I was told the turbo would arrive in just a couple of weeks.  Well, apparently, Turbonetics was having some problems getting the impeller.  It ends up taking 4.5 months for the turbo to arrive.  So not only was I dealing with Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti not doing things right and taking too long, now Turbonetics was giving me excuses.  The 4.5 month wait wasn't directly Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti's fault.  But as I explained earlier, it was indirectly his fault.  If the car would have been completed on time, as I was assured it would be, then there may have been plenty of turbos in stock at that time.

Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti says I ordered one to the "specs" I wanted.  It was not about that at all.  As I said, I thought ordering a new one, rather than having the old one rebuilt, would be quicker and better.  And I was repeatedly assured by a Turbonetics representative the turbo was on its way.  Kind of like how Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti assured me of many things that ended up not being true.

Next he says it takes 10 months for the turbo to arrive.  This was his twisting of facts to make himself look better.  More unprofessional behavior from him.  The new turbo took 4.5 months to arrive but he adds in the time the original turbo was out at a shop being checked and the time it took for him to figure out what was wrong with the car. (see side note above).

side note: In my BBB response, I incorrectly stated it took them 5 months to install the turbo (it took 3 months).

He then says the turbo arrives in December.  The turbo arrived the second week of October.  On October 29 he sends me an email saying the turbo was installed and they had some fabricating to do.  So again, we have Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti trying to make himself sound better in his BBB statement.  From the turbo arriving at their shop and me picking up the car in January, Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti had 3 months to install the turbo, put miles on the car, and tune it.  And we know from past posts, Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti would not put miles on the car and tune it as I had asked him to do SEVERAL times.

I can understand being human and erring.  But if you have read every post, you can see how his lies and twisting of the truth have become frequent with him.  If this is the type of person he is, then it is not hard to imagine he is an incompetent mechanic who is only looking out for his own wallet.  What it comes down to is that the skill required to do my car was above his expertise, but he just wanted the business and said he could do the job.  He will now not admit or pay for the damages and time he has cost me.

Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti is highly illogical.




5 comments:

  1. I am leaving a comment to help your blog. Colletti Motorsports screwed me over too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I support you as do many others I know and talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lending you my support as well. Not only does Colletti Motorsports cheat consumers, they cheat on the race track as well.

    ReplyDelete