Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Colletti Motorsports: the company that doesn't care

Here is another great Colletti Motorsports (the "ripper off-ers") quote from their BBB statement.  

"Mr. Olds was, to put it politely, a very difficult customer. He acquired an old 1987 Buick Grand National which barely ran, and wanted it made into, essentially, a race car. Our shop builds and races race cars, and we have been doing so for over 30 years. On November 9, 2010, the car arrives, barely running and knocking. We tell John he needs his motor rebuilt he gives his OK. He wanted us to build a "race-style" motor. This included, among other things, forged pistons, performance camshaft, bigger injectors, and other modifications. It is very important to note that this is a V-6 engine, not a V-8."

Apparently, a "difficult" customer to them is one who expects the owner to keep his word and be professional.  Also you would expect that if a company messed up your car, they would pay for their mistakes.  I received broken promises, unprofessional work, and no reimbursement from their shoddy work.  This makes me a "difficult" customer and continues to adds to their unprofessional behavior.

In their BBB statement, they say I acquired an old 1987 Buick Grand National.  I have owned this car since around 1998 and it is very well taken care of.  The first time snow has ever touched the paint of my vehicle, since I have owned it, was in their possession.  This, to me, shows they never even listened to what I had to say.  They did not care about getting to know their customer.  All they wanted was my money. 

They also say, I wanted a "race-style motor."  I am not sure what exactly what they mean by this, but Grand Nationals are known for being fast and being daily drivers.  This is one feature that makes them unique among other cars.  This was not supposed to be a race car.  If they did not know this, it is just one more thing they did not care about knowing.

Moreover, they say it is very important to know that my car was a V-6 and not a V-8, insinuating it is hard to get high horsepower out of a V-6.  For them to say this just proves how unqualified they were to work on my car.  Here is a quote from GM High Tech Performance Magazine: "Anybody who is familiar with these cars knows that 400-500 horsepower is not too difficult."  Once again, this shows how unqualified Colletti Motorsports (the "ripper off-ers") was to work on my car.  Another thing the magazine says, is that Grand Nationals will often "blow" up shortly after an unqualified and inexperienced mechanic works on them. I have not found that quote yet, but I will surely reference it when I do.  Steve (the "ripper-offer") Colletti, was not able to understand the engineering behind a motor designed in the 1980's.

Yet even with this quote from GM High Tech Performance Magazine, Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti still continues to claim he did a good job, denies his work went bad and still continues to deny me reimbursement.



1 comment:

  1. We are with you. Colletti Motorsports has been pushing their corruption on our city for too long now.

    ReplyDelete