Monday, May 26, 2014

The highly unprofessional Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti (part 13)

"Months go by, and we do not hear from him. Because of this, we believe all is well and in the event all is not well, he will bring the car back in the spring when the engine is broken in. Around the middle of February, 2012 he complains of the smoke getting worse and he is making all kinds of threats. I tell him he is blindsiding me with his attitude and assure him if it is something we did I will take care of it. I ask him to please bring the car in and we will have a look. His answer is it's too much trouble for him to drop it off and he doesn't want to deal with this anymore and appoints his girlfriend, K****** B******, his liaison to me."

Ok, first of all, if you have read previous posts, I had asked Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti to please put the miles on himself and finish the car, which he just would not do, even though I asked him MULTIPLE times. 

He says months go by.  I believe it was only one month, but I can't be for sure since I can't make sense of the dates Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti wrote on the receipts (receipts show 10 months passing before he even receives my car).  But assuming he wrote the mileage down correctly, only 166 miles passed since getting it back the second time and then him receiving it the third time. 

side note: I do see now where he gets the 10 months he claims in his BBB statement.  I had wondered where he came up with this number.  The turbo took 4.5 months to arrive but he is including other time into that.  I will explain this in much detail on another post.  I do want to thoroughly go over the turbo situation.

Next he says I'm making all kinds of threats.  I will admit, I was extremely upset at this point.  I had asked him to put the miles on himself, which he could have done in one day on the dyno, but refused to do it.  Why?  Why did he keep refusing to finish the car?  As I said before, I believe he knew his work was no good, and wanted it to go bad in my possession.  I did threaten to sue him.  He isn't specific on his statement about that, but that is all the threat was.  And since I was just fed up with him at this point, I did ask my girlfriend at the time to please handle the situation because I just couldn't put up with Steve's incompetence anymore.  I did not want to be angry and upset. 

So please realize, this is now the third time the car is going back to his shop.  And I had asked him numerous times to please put the miles on himself and finish the car.  Like I said, I was pretty upset.  At this point it was around one year and the car was still not completed.  I did pretty much tell him to come and get the car himself.  I was angry and I feel it was warranted that he get it.  I believe him paying for the tow was his responsibility.

I like his statement that if something is wrong, he assures me he will take care of it.  That statement is laughable.  If that were true, I would not be writing this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment