Thursday, May 8, 2014

The highly unprofessional Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti (part 9)

Next Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti goes on to talk about the transmission in my Buick Grand National. He says the transmission is no good and I knew about it.

"We called Olds and he says, "I knew something was wrong with it but I forgot to tell you.""

This is just another one of his lies and twisting of the truth. I did not know the transmission was bad. The transmission that was in it, was almost new but it was having trouble in Reverse. But it still did move in Reverse. After Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti told me the transmission was acting up, I did remember that. I told him that I did remember that Reverse was not working properly but it seemed ok in Drive and the rest of the gears. I am not a transmission expert, but sometimes one gear can go out in an automatic transmission and the rest are fine. I believed that Reverse may have been bad, but Drive was ok, and that was ok with me at that moment in time. But it did make sense to put in a new transmission that worked properly since I was spending so much money to have the motor done right, which it wasn't thanks to Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti.

On a side note, don't buy a TCI transmission. I had two TCI transmissions in my car and both went bad in less than 1000 miles.

I do not remember how Lonnie Diers was suggested to me for getting a transmission, but I decided to go with him and get it done myself, since at this point, I did not trust Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti. So I take the car down myself and get a new transmission put in. All seems fine, then later is starts leaking transmission fluid. I ended up having to take it back down again and found out it just needed a retainer on a particular seal. Lonnie explained to me that the retainer is not needed in almost every case. This just happened to be a rare example of when the retainer was needed.

Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti likes to use this incident of an example of delays but it only delayed the work by maybe two weeks at the most. And I strongly believe, if I would have let Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti deal with the transmission, it would have taken him at least a month and I would have gotten an inferior product, based on the experiences I was having with him. Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti had his own guy that he suggested. I am glad I did not go with Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti's choice.

Once my car got to KDK Performance and Kevin finally had a chance to look at it, I was told that the transmission cooler, that Colletti Motorsports (the "ripper off-ers") had installed, was not working as it should. The fan was not running because the power had not been hooked up. Another example of Steve (the "ripper off-er") Colletti's shoddy work. I just hope he did not ruin the transmission from his ineptness like he did the motor. It seems to be ok, luckily.

Here are two incidences of Lonnie Diers work showing up in GM High Tech Performance Magazine.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/events/0901gmhtp_2008_buick_gs_nationals_in_beach_bend_raceway_park/photo_11.html

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0307gmht_1987_buick_regal_street_sleeper/

No comments:

Post a Comment