Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Honda Tech forum that had bad things to say about Colletti Motorsports

I notice when you do a search for Colletti Motorsports, forums will come up.  I decided to post my problem with Colletti Motorsports (the "ripper off-ers") on all the forums I saw that show up.  At first I put very little information and included my link.  I received some upset responses but later I realized I did look like a spammer and that was my mistake.  I then went back and added more details and apologized to those that were offended by my post.  One forum banned me and Honda Tech gave me a warning.  I apologized to the moderator at Honda Tech and explained my situation and he was very understanding.  I thought that was really very considerate of him.

I noticed one of the threads had been removed at Honda Tech.  It was a thread that the subtopic had been a question asking if Colletti Motorsports was still in business.  I had been talking to a Honda enthusiast on there and he had heard bad things about Colletti Motorsports as well, at least for more skilled tasks such as rebuilds.  In the last post I was able to place, I asked him what exactly he had heard.  I went on today to see if he had responded and like I said, the thread is no longer there.  I was told it had been moved so I searched for it and it did not come up, but another thread I had posted on did.

I can infer a few things about the thread being missing:

1. The moderator (a different one than I mentioned above) felt the conversation was off topic and removed it.

2. The moderator was biased toward Colletti Motorsports and removed it.

3. Colletti Motorsports influenced Honda Tech to remove it.

Considering I posted on another Honda Tech topic and the thread was closed rather than removed, I have come to the conclusion that either the moderator is biased or Colletti Motorsports influenced its removal.  Either way, someone does not want people to see the conversation or else it would not have been removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment